A skylight is a lovely bonus to any room. It is a great way to bring in natural sunlight and to stargaze, while being at home. However, these beauties need their own cleaning and care.
Taking Care of Your Skylight
Once they’re installed, your skylights require only a slight amount of maintenance and cleaning. Because of their slope, shape and location, most of the dirt is generally washed away by heavy rains. It will be a very seldom chance when you will need to clean the inside and if the rain doesn’t do the job then the outside part too!
Here are a few tips one must keep in mind while cleaning a Skylight:-
- If there are many rows of skylights, start at the highest row and work down till the bottom.
- Start by soaking the skylight glass with the cleaning solution unfixing dirt and debris. Do not use abrasive cleaners or scrubbers because they can destroy the glazing.
- Once the dirt has been removed, wipe the window a second time with clear water from a fresh container. Immediately start cleaning the window with a sponge and wipe it dry after each swipe. Use a clean rag to wipe any wet corners on the skylight.
- Be careful not to touch any metal components of the cleaning equipment to the glass or let any harsh materials dragged across the glass surface.
- Do not use metal blades, scrapers or knives for cleaning large areas of glass as this manner can easily scratch and cause permanent damage to your skylight glass.
- The interior frames do not need much maintenance as the exterior side. Simply clean the interior frames with a damp cloth wiping away all the dust.
Following these tips will make sure that you end up with a clean skylight. If you still face problems with the window you can always contact the best skylight installation in Sydney to fix your problem.